Need an Estimate?
Use the Form or
Call 763-424-1884
Text 612-366-1386
Use the Form or
Call 763-424-1884
Text 612-366-1386








Who do I contact for insurance?

Do you need to contact your insurance company? Find your insurance company’s number listed below:

Do you work with insurance?

Yes, we work with insurance. We specialize in insurance claim restoration projects and work with all insurance companies to make your home looking new again.

Do you accept credit cards?

Yes, we accept credit cards. You will be charged a 3.5% service fee when paying with a credit card. You may also pay with or check for no additional charge.

Do I need to prepare my home before construction begins?

Yes, you should prep your home. Please remove pictures off of the walls and any make sure all precious items are safely stored away. Please keep in mind that debris will fall around the property and potentionally onto your neighbor’s property. Informing your neighbors of your upcoming project is advised. All debris will be cleaned upon completion of your project.

When will my roof be built and how long will it take?

Your roofing project start-date will depend on project approval and weather. We will call and/or email you regarding your project start-date 2-3 days before the project begins. We do not complete roofing projects during the winter.

Roofing projects typically take 1-2 days to complete. Anything under 3,000 square feet will be completed in 1 day. Longer turn arounds occur when the roof is very large or steep.

Is it safe to roof in colder temperatures?
Are your crews legally registered and insured?

Yes, all of our crews are well trained. We have dedicated crews for each type of service who know the unique challenges and expectations of each type of service.

What is the lifespan of your shingles?

Shingles can last anywhere from 40 years and more. As Owens Corning Preferred Contractors, we are able to offer homeowners a wide variety of superior products. Browse through our selection of Owens Corning roofing shingles here.

Questions about the insurance claim process? The following is information from the Minnesota Department of Commerce to help consumers with the insurance claim process.

Notify your insurance company or agent as soon as you can to start the claims process. If possible, have your policy information available when you call.

Make temporary inexpensive repairs to prevent further damage. For example, board up broken windows or throw a tarp over a leaky roof. Keep receipts for materials you buy, so you can be reimbursed. Do not make permanent repairs until your insurance company has inspected the damage.

Record the damage. Take photos or video if possible. Make a detailed list of all personal property destroyed, damaged or lost. Share this list with the insurance adjuster. Do not throw out any damaged items until the adjuster has inspected them.

If you need to relocate because of damage to your home, keep receipts for your temporary living expenses. Ask your insurance agent or company if your policy covers living expenses until repairs are made. Many homeowners policies provide for temporary lodging and meal expenses up to a certain percentage of the home’s insured value.

Work with the insurance company adjuster. Your insurance company will send an adjuster to inspect the damage. The insurer pays the adjuster, so you should not be asked for any payment.

The adjuster will provide you with a proof-of-loss form. Use this form to file a claim with your insurance company as soon as possible. You will receive your claim payment after you and the insurer agree on the amount of the damages.

Your homeowners insurance will generally cover removal of a fallen tree only if it caused damage to your house or other insured structure. There may also be a coverage limit for the cost of removal.

Storm damage to your vehicle may be covered by your auto insurance. Whether your vehicle was damaged by hail or a fallen tree, your loss may be covered as long as you selected “Comprehensive” or “Other than Collision” in your auto policy. Check your “Minnesota Insurance Identification Card” or call your agent or insurance company.

If you have a complaint or cannot resolve your insurance claim, contact the Commerce Department for assistance.


The Claims Process: Homeowners

If you have suffered a loss, here are questions you should ask and things you should know before you file a claim.

Am I covered? The answer to this question is not the same for everyone who has suffered a loss. Homeowners policies do not always have the same coverage. It is very important to read your policy to determine what is covered, and the level of coverage that exists. If you cannot locate your policy, contact your insurance agent or company immediately. Your agent or company will usually be able to address your questions quickly and accurately. Many companies have Disaster Claim Teams that have been sent to the area. The standard homeowners insurance coverage will cover most of your loss. Most policies have deductibles that will apply. Coverage will usually cover the replacement cost for the damaged portion of your home, including any upgrades that are required by local codes when damage is repaired. Personal property will be covered for replacement cost only if specifically stated in your policy, but there are usually specific restrictions or requirements in obtaining the replacement cost reimbursement. If you are unable to live in your home due to damage, you will likely have coverage for reasonable expenses incurred for temporary accommodations, subject to policy limits. This coverage will usually not cover all expenses, just those above your usual monthly expense. Most contracts cover the expense of debris removal from you home. This coverage is usually provided in addition to the policy limit restriction that applies to the repair of the damage to your home or garage.

What can I expect? The rebuilding process is never as quick as we wish it could be. With the widespread extensive damage that has been sustained in the area, the insurance companies will be hard pressed to be able to provide the type of expeditious service that we all would like. The claims settlement statutes dictate that companies must handle claims in a responsive manner. However, some of the time frames that are established in the law allow a company up to 60 days to respond to some issues. Most companies will be much more responsive than that. You can expect responses to most of your concerns or problems within a day or two. Though it is not required, some companies have set up programs that allow their on-site adjusters to issue checks in advance to cover some of the additional living expenses and replacement of some essential person property. Once you have made contact with your company adjuster, ask him/her about the availability of such programs. You can avoid many of the problems that can be experienced in the removal of the debris and the rebuilding process by making sure that you coordinate closely with the company adjuster. Remember to ask the contractor if he/she is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry (required by law) as a building contractor. Get all proposals in writing, and be sure the contractor’s name, phone number, address, and license number is on the proposal.

Read your policy and REMEMBER:

  • Property and casualty insurance coverages are not mandated by law and are subject to policy provisions and coverages.
  • No policy covers everything. Policy coverage is limited to the policy provisions and is subject to the policy’s limitations, deductibles, and exclusions.
  • In some cases, personal property, including machinery, needs to be added to a schedule or policy (with an endorsement) before any coverage would apply. If you have a question about your insurance

Contact your insurance agent and/or company with questions about your policy and the coverage you have. If you have a problem with your insurance company, call: Consumer Response Team Minnesota Department of Commerce 651-539-1600 1-800-657-3602 (MN only outside metro area)

The Consumer Response Team (CRT) helps consumers with questions about laws concerning industries regulated by the Department of Commerce. You may also check on the status of a license held by an industry practitioner. In addition, if there is a dispute with a licensee, the CRT will attempt to resolve the matter informally. If the dispute can not be resolved, the CRT will suggest the consumer write a letter, with all of the relevant information, in order to begin a formal investigation.

If you are unable to resolve a problem or complaint with your insurance company, write to: Minnesota Department of Commerce Consumer Protection & Education Division 85 Seventh Place East, St. Paul, MN, 55101 The Minnesota Department of Commerce investigates written complaints against licensees. Investigations seek to determine if there has been a violation of current Minnesota statutes or rules. If a violation has occurred, administrative sanctions (license revocation, fines, etc.) may be taken. The department attempts to secure the payment of claims or obtain refunds for consumers who have been victimized by licensee misconduct.

When filing a complaint:

  • Write, in your own words, the details of the dispute
  • Include as many details as possible such as dates, what was said, policy and claim numbers, etc.
  • Provide copies of relevant documents
  • Include your phone number and return address

Insurance Claim Checklist What your insurance company MUST do when you have a claim to file…

  • Tell policyholders who are filing claims which benefits are available under the policy for the type of claim being filed
  • State the specific policy provisions under which full or partial payment may be paid or denied
  • Inform the claimant of any laws or contract provisions concerning time deadlines which must be met during the negotiation process
  • Acknowledge filing of a claim within ten business days
  • Advise you of the expected completion date of its investigation
  • Accept or deny a claim within 60 business days after you have filed all proof of loss information (denial must be in writing).
  • Supply you with all forms necessary to file a claim within ten days of the date you notified them of the claim
  • Respond to your correspondence within ten days after receiving notice from you
  • Inform you of all available benefits or coverages for which you may be eligible under the terms of your policy
  • Issue a settlement check within five business days of their receipt from you of the executed settlement agreement
  • Notify you at least 60 days prior to the expiration of your rights under the statute of limitations, of the time limitations affecting your claim.

What your insurance company CANNOT do when you file a claim…

  • Delay processing or refuse to settle claims because you have retained a private attorney or adjustor to represent you
  • Demand that you provide information that is not relevant to the claim under consideration
  • Remit partial or final payments to you unless those payments are accompanied by an explanation which identifies the payment and settlement items
  • Threaten to cancel, rescind or not renew a policy in order to induce you into settlement of a claim
  • Depreciate the value of property if the item is not adversely affected by age, use or obsolescence
  • Issue checks containing endorsement language which states or implies that acceptance of the check constitutes a final settlement
  • Make the settlement (when liability is clear) of one portion of the claim contingent on your agreeing to settle the other
  • Deny a claim…
    • without first having made a reasonable investigation of the claim
    • because their insured has requested the claim be denied
    • because the insured has failed or refused to officially report the claim, unless they have conducted an independent investigation and determined that their client has no liability
    • or a portion of a claim, unless they inform the insured of the specifics of the policy provision or condition/exclusion upon which their decision is based
  • Use a “blue book” as the sole basis for determination of value. Claims reimbursement must reflect reasonable value or replacement costs within the insured’s or claimant’s local market area
  • Make arbitrary assignment of comparative negligence. Any such assignment must be supported by reasonable evidence and documentation.

The Minnesota Department of Commerce has the authority to impose fines of up to $10,000 per violation of these laws, as well as to issue Cease and Desist Orders to prohibit future violations.

Why are my shingles curling?




  1. Initiate the claim.
  2. Notify us when your field adjustment is scheduled with the insurance company.
  3. Review the estimate provided by the insurance company.
  4. Choose your products and colors.
  5. Enjoy your newly repaired property.



  1. Call/text or fill out the form to set up an estimate.
  2. Review estimate provided by A To Z Contracting.
  3. Call/text or email to sign contract.
  4. Schedule a date for the work to be performed.
  5. Enjoy your finished project.


Are you wondering how, when and why to start an insurance claim? Are you worried that if an insurance claim is filed, or opened, the premium will increase? At A to Z we keep our customers informed and answer all questions, as we understand the insurance claim process can not only be a hassle, but can also be quite confusing. That’s why we help as much as possible.

    • We negotiate with insurance companies for a fair settlement with accurate pricing.
    • We process insurance checks that need mortgage company endorsements.
    • We invoice for final payment from insurance companies.

To get the insurance claim process started, we are happy to give you a free roof inspection for any damage that may have occurred. The first step is to fill out our Free Inspection Form, and an expert from A to Z will come out and offer a professional opinion. This helps to avoid filing an unnecessary claim. Follow our simple 5 step process below to start the insurance claim process, and any questions that come up – please reach out to our team at A to Z.

  1. Fill out the Free Inspection Form.
  2. A to Z will determine if damage occurred.
  3. File a claim with your insurance.
  4. Schedule the job and begin building.
  5. Send your insurance the certificate of completion.


Dark Streaks on Your Roof? Here’s Why

Selecting the type of roof you want for your house? A popular choice to consider is asphalt shingles. Read here to learn the advantages of asphalt shingles!Read More

Should I Patch or Replace My Roof?

Selecting the type of roof you want for your house? A popular choice to consider is asphalt shingles. Read here to learn the advantages of asphalt shingles!Read More

Why Asphalt Shingles Are So Popular

Selecting the type of roof you want for your house? A popular choice to consider is asphalt shingles. Read here to learn the advantages of asphalt shingles!Read More

Top Ten Things to Think About Before You Remodel Your Bathroom

Are you getting ready for a bathroom remodel to your home? Check out our top 10 things to consider before you get started. Read here!Read More

Why Are My Shingles Curling?

If your shingles are curling noticeably, it does not bode well for your roof’s future. Read here to learn why this may be happening and what you can do.Read More

Is It Safe to Roof in Colder Temperatures?

Is it safe to roof in colder temperatures? We put together an explainer that illuminates the prevalent issues when roofing in the cold. Read here!Read More

FAQs About Installing a New Roof

We’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions we hear from clients to help you in making decisions for installing a new roof. Read here!Read More

6 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Roof

How do you know for sure it’s time to replace your roof? Here are some significant signs your roof is ready for an upgrade. Read here!Read More

Tips for Picking a Roofing Contractor

Are you wondering which roofing contractor to pick? Use these tips from A to Z to make sure you’re fully covered for your roofing project. Read More


Press & News Article: Osseo Approves Plans to Construct 2nd Story at A to Z Construction Inc. Office

NEWS: Osseo City Council has approved plans to construct a second story at A to Z Construction’s 9 Central Avenue location.Read More


Please contact us directly, or fill out our form below
and we will get back to you shortly.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
2019 Super Service Award Angie's List
HomeAdvisor Top Rated Award
Screened & Approved HomeAdvisor Award
2017 Best of houzz Award
2015 Angie's List Super Service Award